The new 7th edition of the Arizona Reporter’s Handbook on Media Law (2015) is now available free as an e-book. Its principal author and editor is Daniel C. Barr, esq., of the Phoenix law firm of Perkins Coie, L.L.P., and counsel to the First Amendment Coalition of Arizona Inc. The 7th edition, the latest since 2007, notes the 34 years that Perkins Coie has represented the coalition, to whose member organizations the Handbook is presented, Barr wrote in its foreword.
Download it for free onto your tablet, smartphone or computer.
From the Handbook’s foreword:
“This Handbook addresses:
- Access to the news, including media access to court proceedings, public records, governmental
meetings and facilities, and private property;
- Interference with the news gathering process, such as subpoenas, search warrants and gag orders;
- Limitations on the content of communications, including prior restraints and the laws of defamation and privacy;
- Promises of confidentiality to sources; and
- Copyright and trademark law.”
If your computer has trouble downloading the handbook, please paste the following link into your browser: